Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Pay-Off

That is mostly what I'm feeling these days - all that hard work going into preparing the classroom, the lessons, the materials, the kids....   When I see how they interact in the the classroom environment, learning and building knowledge, how the kids notice and care about the details...  I feel it - that sense of awe and wonder of how far my students have come.  How rewarding to know that my hard work has made a difference in these children's lives!  Thank you, little ones, for giving me the gift of a sense of accomplishment!  :)

Labeling and coloring a Compass Rose.

Writing practice:  This student completed the Phonetic Object Box 2 and wished to draw the object and write each word.  
Touch Boards

Labeling a collage of the Parts of a Flower.

Practicing Puzzle Words with the Small Moveable Alphabet.

Numbers 1-10 variation - fish and bubbles!
Flower Arranging with Lily of the Valley - so gorgeous!

Sewing together at the Tapestree Table.

Pink Tower and Brown Stair exploration.

Land, Air, and Water sorting pictures.

Matching cards to Geometric Solids.

Making music with the Melody Harp.

Pressing pansies in a flower press.

Writing the Days of the Week.

Dry erase crayons at the easel.

Mystery Bag extension.

Math work with the Short chains.

WOW!

Trinomial Cube.

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love seeing some of these pictures! Thanks for taking the time to post them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy! It is so good to know that others appreciate my weekly posts - I really feel it helps in giving the parents of my students a better idea of all that goes on in our classroom. Of course, it is impossible to capture everything on camera, but it helps...! Thanks for reading and taking the time to leave a comment! :)
      Sasha

      Delete
  2. In case you didn't know already - lily of the valley is very poisonous and might not be the best choice for using in the classroom! however I love all your ideas and am anxious to include many of them in my own home classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your concern - I wouldn't have have it in the classroom if I thought it would be a problem with the kids - in fact, we were offered these beautiful flowers for our flower arranging from a couple of parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good day is like music. The ultimate reward for a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fish and bubble counters! Do you mind if I post to Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking, Natasha - you have my permission to post on Pinterest!

      Delete
  6. Your classroom always makes me smile, Sasha! I featured your flower activities and Labeling a Collage of the Parts of a Flower photo in my Montessori-Inspired Flower Activities post at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2013/05/06/montessori-monday-montessori-inspired-flower-activities/

    ReplyDelete