Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sharing our Classroom

This week we had the pleasure of sharing our classroom with the children's parents.  The students eagerly anticipated the morning when a member from their family was invited to a School Visit Morning.  What delight it was to watch the kids share their classroom and show their favorite lessons and activities.  It was the perfect way to end our week before our week long vacation for Thanksgiving!

Practical Life:  Spooning pom poms.

Beginning sounds of words with the Moveable Alphabet.

Solid Cylinders:  Visual discrimination of size and preparation for writing (pincer grasp).

Reviewing teen numbers with the Teen Bead Hanger.

Pink Tower/Brown Stair exploration.

Geometric Demonstration Tray:  Shape recognition and writing practice through tracing.

First Box of Color Tablets.

Exploring size and dimension with the Knobless Cylinders.

Pink Tower practice.

Art Appreciation with Close-Up matching cards.

Constructive Triangles Box A

Making a pattern with numbers 1-100.


Learning about shades of color with the Third Color Tablet Box.

Finding some quiet with the Individual Silence Game.

Reviewing the Days of the Week and their abbreviations.

Addition with the Golden Beads.

A student drew their own Map of the World.

Lacing Frame practice.


Food we collected for the local shelter - this is a huge baseket and it is filled!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving break - Happy Thanksgiving!



5 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful classroom. Love the "other ideas" (# pattering, days of the week match) you put in that my old work wouldn't allow me to do.
    Have a great Thanksgiving! :-)

    Kat


    www.MyTwoRoadsInTheWoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, though I can't take full credit for the number pattern coloring - that was all student initiated! :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. I love your blog. I am a public school teacher trying to incorporate as much as I can within the limits of my required curriculum. I love the Close Up cards - where could I find these? I have a new student who is very young from a half day program (we are full day). He is really struggling with visual discrimination - the Rectangle Box blew him away yesterday. I think these would be another great activity for him. Thank you for the time you put into posting. It has been extremely helpful to me!

    Sincerely,
    Jenny Vanderpool, Nicholasville KY
    j.vanderpool@jessamine.kyschools.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny,

      I'm so glad you've found my blog! Copy and past the following address into your browser and you will find the Close- Up card (Montessori Services):

      http://www.montessoriservices.com/art/art-appreciation/national-gallery-of-art-close-up

      Thanks so much for your feedback - I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete