Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Tape Resist Snowflakes

A fun winter art project the kids have been enjoying:

Masking tape snowflake on heavy paper.

The child paints the over the entire paper...
...and peels off the tape when the paint is dry.
Here, are the materials set up on the Art shelf.  It is simply a variation of our painting with two colors lesson, so the children are already familiar with the steps necessary to complete the activity.  The only differences are the addition of another color choice and the circular tray for colors and mixing.
Tape Resist Snowflakes

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I found it on Pinterest this weekend. I am the Art Docent for my daughter's Kindergarten. I am using small 8x11 canvas boards and plan to just use 2 shades of blue and white.
    My question for you is, did you tape the tape on in the different shapes ahead of time or did the kids put the tape on? I'm a little nervous for Kinders to do their own. I plan to do it ahead of time. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I taped them ahead of time and they got to choose their paper with tape. I also wanted to keep the emphasis on painting - so the pre-taped shapes helped with this.

    ReplyDelete