Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Class Book

I would like to take this opportunity to share with you our class book the children recently authored and illustrated.  In appreciation of Montessori Week (February 25th-March 1st), we read one of our favorite books, Our Peaceful Classroom by Aline D.Wolf:


Each time we read this story, the children are always intrigued by the illustrations - beautiful depictions of Montessori classrooms completed by children.  I thought Montessori Week might be the ideal time for my students to make their own class book.  They used this occasion to reflect on their own Montessori School, the aspects they particularly enjoy, and other ideas they wished to share.  What resulted was our own, insightful class book:

Our Montessori School
What a perfect cover - the group art project from International Peace Day.
Here are just a few samples of the children's work from their class book showing appreciation in honor of Montessori Week:





Other pages in the book are just as insightful...  The children are so proud of their work - I have a feeling this class book will be a treasure for years to come!


2 comments:

  1. I will have to steal your idea Sasha! It's a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing. I will refer back to your blog to show people where I got the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! You and the children will have such fun making the book - I'm sure it will become a treasure too! :-)

    ReplyDelete